Students worked through the writing process to compose their drafts and utilized digital tools such as Google Docs, Pages, and iPad apps throughout the process. Each was also encouraged to create original media to accompany the writing. Many students created videos, animations, illustrations, photography, and widgets to bring their writing to life once assembled in iBooks Author.
Out of all the 7th grade authors over a dozen were selected to submit for publishing on Apple's iBooks Store. Students could choose whether to submit via Mrs. Morrow's Books account under their own name as author or if they wanted to go through the process of creating their own Books account for the iTunes Store.
While we are still waiting on approval on several books, the following titles have already successfully been approved and are live on iTunes!
- How to Penny Board by Andrew Alder
- Showing Sheep by Taya Rainforth
- Softball: Catching and Batting Tips by Chloe Scott
- Cattle Hauling by Sierra Matschullat
- Launching Model Rockets by Samantha Bowland
- KBRX: Running the Board by Michael Poese
- Gymnastics by Makayla Hilker
- Cleaning Your Room by Rosie Nelson
- Volleyball Outside Hitter by Jackie Gonzalez
In addition, two science-related books have been published from work from Mr. Morrow's and Mrs. Knabe's classes:
Congratulations to each and every OHS 7th grade English student... you ARE AUTHORS!